Pulse eddy current equipment has been successfully applied in corrosion detection for several years now. Whereas field experience on insulated objects has grown significantly, the technique's characteristics make it also highly suitable for other field situations where the object surface is rough or inaccessible. Because (surface) preparations can be avoided the tool provides a fast and cost-effective solution for corrosion detection.
Pulse Eddy Current testing facility at PETROCON ENGG. & INSP. CO. Navi Mumbai, India
1. Inspection Through Insulation The ability to assess the condition of pipe-work and pressure vessels underneath insulation offers many advantages for plant operators. It is also possible to accurately monitor corrosion using the same methodology. Eddyfi LYFT for in-service inspection of Corrosion under insulation (CUI), corrosion blistering and scabs, flow-accelerated corrosion (FAC), corrosion under fireproofing (CUF), and corrosion under coatings:
• Capable to inspect Carbon steel metal up to 100 mm thickness, insulation up to 300 mm (fiberglass, plastic wrap, concrete or other non-metallic materials)
• Real time C scan with dynamic scanning and Compensated Wall Thickness (CWT) capability
• Capable to scan pipes with diameters as small as 25 mm (1 in) and on galvanized weather jackets
2. Benefits of Our Pulsed Eddy-Current Inspection Services at a Glance
Our pulsed eddy current inspection services offer you:
• No loss of production, as inspection can take place while the inspection object is in service.
• Reduced inspection costs, as insulation material does not need to be removed.
• Speedy inspection, as surfaces do not require any preparation.
• Good reproducibility of PEC readings at the same locations.
3. Experienced NDT Level II certified professionals to carry out Eddy current inspections in house and onsite jobs.
4. In-house ASNT NDT Eddy current testing ET Level III services on Consulting, technique establishments, procedure preparation.